Frequently Asked Questions

What do I need to bring to my appointment?

All you must bring is a form of picture ID such as your drivers license or state ID and any documents supporting your diagnosis. (if documents are unavailable we can provide a HIPAA form that can be completed and sent to one of your previous physicians.)

How do I know I will Qualify?

The Physician conducting the exam is the only person that can tell a patient if they qualify or not. With the statute giving us "same like or class" this opens the amount of qualifying conditions tremendously. Luckily we have a 100% MONEY BACK guarantee if the physician decides not to give a recommendation. 

*We Recommend providing supporting documents to ensure the best outcome*

Once the Doctor says YES, what do I do?

The state requires the patient to finish the state application. To do so the patient must log into the registry and provide a copy of their proof of residency and $77.75. The state then processes the application which takes at least 10-14 BUSINESS days. If the state rejects a portion of the state application, you must resubmit that portion and wait another 5 business days. 

What if the state denies my application?

It is usually for something simple. you can fix the issue and resubmit the application. 

If you are denied due to proof of residency, the only items that will get you approved are provided above. This information was pulled from the statute and there is NO other way to get approved. The Physician has no way to help with this as the state does not give the doctor access to see what documents the patient has submitted.

If the state denies my application, can I have my money back from the Physician's Office?

Once the physician has seen the patient and given the recommendation, we are unable to refund any money. The physician's office is no longer involved with the application process once the patient is added to the registry. It is EXTREMELY important to make sure you have the proper documentation for the state. Trichom does however try to help our patients through this process. The only thing we cannot do is change the required documents for proof of residency. 

Do you charge to add smokeable?

Trichom does not charge their existing patients to add smokeable. If it is a patient that has an active certification from another physician and wants to add smokeable, they can pay a $40 transfer fee to come see our physicians, finish out the time on their current recommendation and get smokeable added. 

When do I pay for my appointment?

Payment is typically taken at time of BOOKING. If for some reason the patient cannot pay the full amount at the time of booking they can call the office to see if the staff can start them on the payment plan which requires a $30 deposit. 

If the patient does not have a card they can come into the office and pay with cash to book an appointment. 

Do you accept Walk-Ins?

Yes! Walk-Ins are welcome BUT we do recommend calling a head of time to ensure a doctor is seeing patients at that time. There are some days we have gaps in the schedule throughout the day where we don't have a physician onsite. 

Do I have to bring documents?

No! All though supporting documents are recommended they are not required. Just take note, without documents to show a diagnosis it is up to the patient to explain to the doctor what is going on. Ultimately the doctor has the right to not certify at which time Trichom will refund the Patient's money. 

What is considered an Approved Forms for Proof of Residency?

Florida Residents

An adult resident must provide the department with a copy of his/her VALID Florida driver license or a copy of a valid Florida identification card.

Cannot be EXPIRED

Address Must match Address provided

Seasonal Residents

An adult seasonal resident who cannot meet the requirements of subparagraph 1. may provide the department with a copy of TWO of the following that show proof of residential address:

a. A deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement, mortgage payment booklet or residential rental or lease agreement.

b. A statement from the person with whom the seasonal resident resides stating that the seasonal resident does reside with him or her.

c. A utility hookup or work order dated within 60 days before registration in the medical use registry.

d. A utility bill, not more than 2 months old. (Internet does not work)

e. Mail from a financial institution, including checking, savings, or investment account statements, not more than 2 months old.

f. Mail from a federal, state, county, or municipal government agency, not more than 2 months old.

g. Any other documentation that provides proof of residential address as determined by department rule.


A minor must provide the department with a certified copy of a birth certificate or a current record of registration from a Florida K-12 school and must have a parent or legal guardian who meets the requirements of subparagraph 1.

For the purposes of this paragraph, the term “seasonal resident” means any person who temporarily resides in this state for a period of at least 31 consecutive days in each calendar year, maintains a temporary residence in this state, returns to the state or jurisdiction of his or her residence at least one time during each calendar year, and is registered to vote or pays income tax in another state or jurisdiction.

More Questions?

We are always available to answer questions. Please call 844-482-6263 to reach a staff member

Phone: 844-HUANAMD (844-482-6263) or Call/Text (727) 330-2773

Fax: 844-482-6239

6530 Park Blvd N
Pinellas Park, Pinellas County 33781

©2019 by Trichom Health Center. Proudly created with